Built in 1720, an inn, which provided income for the monastery and its surrounding buildings, functioned here until the end of the 19th century, when it was demolished along with the other structures. Designed by architect Ion Mincu, the building that now stands in the church precincts was erected in the early 20th century.
Within the monastery precincts there is a library, a refectory, where conferences are sometimes held, and also a collection of old religious objects, many of which are from churches demolished during the communist regime.
Those who abide at Stavropoleos Monastery not only pray but also work and study. They restore old books, vestments and icons, make embroidery, translate books, edit old music on computer, computerise the library.